HADR services cover everything from planning to actual implementation in customer or Elinar environment. Ensuring that your business-critical ECM solutions are meeting corporate requirements for availability and recovery.
High availability and disaster recovery (HADR) is a key component when defining business continuity.
It is important to find balance between availability and disaster recovery time and cost. Using technologies available almost everything up to 99,999 % availability is doable. This might not be practical in terms of cost and operational flexibility.
Common technologies used are:
- DB2 level clustering using PowerHA
- DB2 log shipping using HADR
- Application level clustering
- Application server level clustering using Websphere Application Server Network Deployment
- Load balancing technologies
- Operating system level clustering
IBM ECM platforms are designed for high availability and fast disaster recovery. Implementing HADR in IBM ECM can be suprisingly straightforward and easy.